Sunday, December 13, 2009

RUMOR MILL

I am a New Yorker. Today I went to my local grocery store and bought some necessities (plums, batteries, olive oil) the trip was relatively uneventful. I located my items, put them in my cart, and got in line. The person ahead of me was a tall dashing man. The tall dashing man had such an odd cart! Cases of smart water, boxes of south beach bars, "Veuve", and many bakery-fresh bagels.

I am very attractive and can usually seduce anyone, so I said in a charming manner, "What's up with all that weird stuff in your cart?"

The tall dashing man (heretofore referred to as TTDM) replied, "It's not for me, slamhog. It's for my boss. He is online poker sensation Phil Galfond."

! I nearly fainted! I dropped my jug of olive oil, mouth agape. I stuttered "I....f-f-f-f-f-ollow onnn-li-li-li-ne p-p-p-p oker. I l-l-l-l-l-ove P-"

TTDM: "Stop stuttering widebody."

I did. I stopped speaking altogether. I let TTDM pay and leave, I paid for my items (excepting of course the broken merchandise). I basked in the afterglow of this brush with Phil....

Does anyone know the identity of TTDM!? I am pretty sure he fell in love with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment